This event is cultural, where we will visit Oxford city, so there is no need for hiker clothing!
The PRICE INCLUDES the entrance to the Hall and the Cathedral of Christ Church College, where we will also visit the famous Harry Potter dining room.
Oxford well deserves a route through its historic streets, so we will focus on visiting the highlights of this beautiful city. We have concerted the entrance to the buildings described, the drinks and food are not included.
• University Church of St. Mary the Virgin. This church of the eleventh century was the center from which Oxford was consolidated. From the outside, the ornate baroque needle attracts attention, as well as the decorative gargoyles and grotesque figures that adorn the façade. It is especially striking the porch of the south entrance, which has spiral columns on which rests a pediment with curved details.
• Christ Church College. One of the most important and large colleges of the University of Oxford. It is known for giving life to the famous Harry Potter dining room, also noted for having been the site of the novel "Alice in Wonderland." Its author, Lewis Carroll, lived and studied at this college.
• Museum of the history of Science. The Museum of the History of Science houses a collection of scientific instruments used from medieval times up to the 19th century. One of the most emblematic objects of the museum is the slate that Albert Einstein used in one of his lectures, during his visit to the University of Oxford in 1931.
• Ashmolean Museum. It is an art and archeology museum of the University of Oxford, founded in 1683. Our world-famous collections range from Egyptian mummies to contemporary art, telling human stories through cultures and time.
• Hertford Bridge. Known as the Bridge of Sighs for its similarity to the famous Bridge of Sighs in Venice.
• Cornmarket street. It is a commercial street where musicians and street artists usually gather. In addition there is the covered market. Located in a wonderful 17th century building, it maintains that unique authenticity with varied and surprising stops.
• Turf Tarven. Pub dating from 1381, famous for having witnessed the "drunkenness" and "fun" of great renown and public figures, including Bill Clinton, Stephen Hawking, Margaret Thatcher and Tony Blair.
• The Bear. Famous for its large collection of ties, which decorates ceilings and walls. These pieces of ties belonged to students of the University who frequented this pub and who, in exchange for half a pint for free, were allowed to cut their ties by their owner.
• The Grand Café. It has been serving coffee since 1650 and is, officially, the oldest coffee shop in England.
Transportation and Meeting Point
We will meet at Marylebone station starting at 9:00 a.m. and we will leave the meeting point at 9:20 a.m. for the train at 9:35 a.m.
Planned arrival time back into London of 6:00 pm (we have a group train ticket so the attendees will go and come back together).
We will have lunch in Thaikhun, it is a Thai restaurant very flattered, not only for its excellent food and menu, but also for its sophisticated design and decoration that will take us to the purest Thai street markets.
The amount is £ 32 per person, which includes the guided route and transport.
• Members: £ 27
• No Members: £ 32
IMPORTANT NOTE: To book a place you must make the full payment; otherwise, the reservation will not be accepted.
All events are limited to twenty-five attendees for a better quality of service and to have a comfortable group.
Hiking in London
Ref: 0704 + your Name
Do not forget to click on Going! and send a copy of the payment with the full name and contact telephone number of the attendees. You can send this information through our Facebook, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by WhatsApp 07535295739.
What to brig
• We will do a touristic visit, so you only need clothes appropriate to it.
• Money for your consumption
• That's! We will deal with transportation and logistics on the day, etc. so you can have a great day :-)
Safety and Terms and Conditions
Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable but we have a process to release your space for resale to another member. Please follow the instructions in our FAQ page http://www.senderismoenlondres.co.uk/frequent-questions.html and email us with your Pay Pal “invoice ID” immediately after you change your RSVP to “NO”.
By signing up to this event you agree to the Terms and Conditions at the following link: http://www.senderismoenlondres.co.uk/club/club-rules.html
© Senderismo en Londres. Ltd 2019 in collaboration with Saturday Walkers Club.
Errors and Omissions Excepted